Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Sparks back....

Today's Training Program
AM - Quality run. 10 min warm-up. 4 x 1km repeats on a fairly flat area. This is done on a 7 min cycle at the end of each 1km TT jog for 1 min and rest the remainder of the 7 min as recovery. Starting your next repeat at the completion of the 7 min cycle. 10 min run down at the end of the session.
PM - Rest Session

Today's Journal
As of Lunch time today it has been 4 days since I have done any training...enough is enough!

The length of time was based on ensuring a full recovery and caution with my experience of starting back too early after the GC Marathon last year and then ending up with an injury. So this afternoon I needed to get out and DO something...I have felt with the rest and eating a lot better along with a little stretching, I believe and certainly feel I have got back to my peak.

Saying this I decided to have a go at the Quality Run programmed for today. I felt good...maybe a bit to good...was suprised with the pace I was able to keep for the 4 x 1km intervals. Apart from feeling a little tightness in the left calf, the session was successfully complete and achieved.
The details are as follows:
Warm Up

Session



Warm Down

No comments:

Post a Comment