Friday, January 5, 2007

Friday....it's BOOT CAMP

Today's Boot Camp Program
AM - SWIM: 5.30am - 7.00am This will be a 4km swim set with some video analysis. Then a 2- 2.5 hr bike session starting at 7.15am and it will be an easy spin concentrating on technique
PM - RUN: 4.30pm -6.00pm 75 -90 minute flat aerobic run along bike path.

Today's Journal
Swim Session
The day started with a 4km swim session. The exact details of the make up of the session escape me but I was happy to complete the full 4km. The body felt good after this session.
Bike Session
The details of the bike sessions are as follows:

Run Session
The details of the run session are as follows:
There were good conditions for this run. Initially for the first 10-12km was fairly comfortable with the pace, but then felt I couldn't maintain the pace for the rest of the distance, however I musn't of done a bad job as I was able to negative split the run home by about a minute.

As I mentioned in previous posts, one of the goals with my running is to maintain a more consistent pace over the distances that I run.

At the end of the session, the legs were sore as you would expect them to be after 17km. When I got home, I endured a hot/cold bath to assist in the recovery. I must admit that this did relieve some of the soreness and tiredness in the legs. This type of physical load also made me aware of different ways to aide in the recovery of the body...especially the legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment