Sunday, January 21, 2007

QTS Race 4 - Robina

Race Report
Today is the first race after the Christmas, New Year period. I was feeling positive going into the race; however, I had woken up with a very tight chest and uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, especially after I had eaten something. After I gad got all my gear together I was feeling a little better so I then ventured on.
Travelled down to the coast ariving about 5.45am. Went over and registered, checked to wave time (7.27am) The conditions were fair, a little overcast and a number of showers about. Went back to the car and prepared my bike and other gear, then into transition and set up my gear closer to the bike entry/exit than the run exit/entry as I prefer to put my shoes on while I am in transition that trying to put my feet into them on the bike.
At about 7.10am went around the back for a warm up swim. At 7.27am we were off and racing. The swim started off ok, but soon found that I was struggling to get into a rythm and for the back leg of the swim was struggling BIG TIME...but continued on. Turning the final bouy found a little bit of rythm but was no where near the form I found during the week. Was out of the water with a swim time of 0:14:42. Into transition, a 100m 'ish' run to my bike and then out again with a T1 time of approx. 0:02:27.

Out on the bike, was feeling a lot more confident. The conditions were good, very little head wind to speak of. Both the Garmin and the bike computer put the distamce at approximately 21.5km for this leg. The details of the leg are as follows with a time of 0:36:16 for the bike leg.
Following a positive bike leg it was in for T2 which was approx 0:01:11. Then out for the 5km run. I was happy with my run, prbably could have gone a little harder but I suppose for the first race for a while, its a good starter. The time was - 0:21:33. The specific details area as follows:



Thought this was a good leg with the pace for each km split being fairly constant.

Overall a good race with an overall time of 1:16:11, 23rd in my age group. Its a goal to improve this age group placings..it would be nice to get under 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment