Saturday, January 6, 2007

The Challenge Continues.....

Today's Boot Camp Program
AM - BIKE: 5.00am Mt Nebo and return.
SWIM: 10.00am (approx. or as soon as ride finishes). This will be a 3 km swim set with video analysis.
PM - MOVIE AND RUN TRACK SESSION: 2.30pm - 5.30pm @ University of Queensland Track The new triathlon movie, "What it Takes" starring Peter Reid, Luke Bell, Lori Bowden and Heather Furh will be shown. Following the movie we will perform an aerobic based track session with video analysis.

Today's Journal
The day started at about 4.00am. Rose to a good day for riding...at least in the morning before it gets too hot. Drove to the pool and de-racked the bike for the session. This morning I was feeling a little tired and maybe lacking a little positive motivation. However, once we got going and headed towards the bas of Mt Nebo the motivation and enthusiasm improved...there was a challenge to be achieved...and it can be done! We paused briefly at the base before the ascent began...remember not too hard early. The session involved riding for 60min and then turning around and coming back down. I wasn't too sure how far I would get...??? The first 6km or so is a fairly long sustained climb. Throughout the ride plenty of positive thoughts and reinforcement (thinking about upper body form...staying relaxed...and pedal stroke) enable me to make the shops at Mt Nebo in approx. 61min...I was happy with this! After some refreshments and refilling water bottle it was off again...back down the way we came...a lot quicker really.
Once we were back to the based of Nebo, we were given the news that Mt Cootha was the next challenge...well bring it on. We reached the based of Mt Cootha, paused briefly and then began the ascent from Slaughter Falls..well...at least with Nebo after a bit of a climb you had a bit of time to compose yourself before the next climb...this was 2.2km of just climbing...it was achieved and again it is the mental arguments with yourself and positive reinforcement that in the end gets you through.

Stats for the ride are shown below:

Swim Session

This was a 3km session which I was happy to get through...in fact used the session to improve and develop my bilateral breathing...I was also quite happy with what I was able to achieve.

Went home, had a good lunch a 30min 'kip' pulled out the Skins (which I find really assist in the recovery of the legs) and then headed to UQ.

Run Session

I must say this was a session I was looking forward...how nice to run on a tartan track...

Firstly we watched "What it Takes" starring Peter Reid, Luke Bell, Lori Bowden and Heather Furh..all I can say...some of these guys are interesting....

Then out to the track...6 x 1km @ a pace that can be maintained over the 6 intervals..between the intervals there is a 2 min rest. The details are as follows:


I was happy with this as I was able to maintain a consistent pace over the 6 intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment