Tim's Daily Training Notes
Ride; 5hrs in 39/16-22 @ 90+ cadence and under 150 hr.
Stretch Session (15min)
Days to Ironman:
Week to Date:
Month to Date:
Wild berry Smoothie & Special K
3 x 600ml Water 2 x 600ml Gatorade
This morning was the first of many long rides. (5hrs) Up at 4.10am and out the door by 4.30am. Was feeling a little daunted with the challenge ahead but...you just got to get into it 'boots and all'. The plan was to go early to avoid at least some of the gusty winds we have been having over the last couple of day, but on the other hand it will be could to be exposed to what conditions could be like down in Port.
On reflecting on the ride I have a couple of thoughts.......
- I really enjoyed the ride...it was a great challenge.
- Had a break at Suttons Beach at the 2.30hr mark. Had a bite to eat, toilet stop and hydrated. The wind was blowing a gail along the foreshore. Very gusty and at time if you weren't holding on tight it would of blow you off the bike. However, it was much easier going North...for the time being!
- Most of the time I was in the aerobars. At about the 2hr mark the left shoulder started to get a little sort. This was counteracted with some strectching on the bike.
- At about the 3:50 mark stopped to refuel at the Narangba BP and had a sugar fix...those Starburst work a treat!
- Throughout the ride drank every 15min and ate every 45min, this seemed to keep me going really well, particularly when I was fatiguing over the last 60min.
- Again the bike is a level of frustration with the gears clicking and not meshing correctly.
- I completed the ride by myself, which mentally was a great step forward. There was plenty of 'mind games' but in the end good triumphs over evil (the arch enemy)