Monday, January 1, 2007

Programmed Day of Rest

Today's Training Program
AM - Rest Session
PM - Rest Session

Today's Journal
A recovery day!!!
Tomorrow it's back into the training in earnest.

In the morning watched the highlight package from the 2006 Australian Ironman in Busselton...another great inspirational training session.

Today I spent a bit of time thinking about what I have to do to qualify for the Australian Ironman in 2008 which from my understanding I need to qualify in one of a number of Half ironman races throughout this year.

Decided to do a little investigation into the qualifying time for the M35-39 age group it varies a little, based on the different half ironman races. I'm not sure whether these are the correct times to be looking at but I found some on Ironman Australia Triathlon website.

Looking at these times and considering the qualifying spots table found on the USM Events website for the 2006 Gold Coast Half Ironman, it would appear there is some work to be done. I would like to aim to take off about an hour from the time which I did at the 2006 Gold Coast Half Ironman. I think this would be realistic, considering a fair bit of time was spent in transition and I believe I can imporve both my bike and run times. It must be bought to mind that this was my first ever Half Ironman with very little focussed training....its now all about achieving this challenge.

2006 Gold Coast Half Ironman Times:

No comments:

Post a Comment