Saturday, June 23, 2007

Super Saturday

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 288
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 100
Program
AM: Swim Session
PM: Run - cross country race Sherwood Forest park 2.45pm 4km

Today's Journal
Todays sessions were both in the afternoon. The swim session started at 12.00pm. I am currently struggling with my motivation at the moment, a number of factors may be influencing this; cool mornings and holidays. Decided that it would be in my best interest to go to the swim session; however, it was to be one with very little stroke action as to give my shoulder an opportunity to heal. The session was taylored just for me, (maybe not) it was focussing on improving leg/kick strength and conditioning.


The second part of today's training was a cross country run out at Sherwood. Initally I was not keen on the idea...there is that motivation thing again...really needed some friends to come too. In the end a 5 of us ended up running. Well was a challenging course particularly when we had just done a focus session on kicking/legs in the pool. The Sherwood course has a number of challenging hills...hmmmmmm. The distance today was 6km...2 x 3km loop...doing the hills twice....hmmm...nice. (tongue in cheek). Thanks goodness we had Muffy there earlier who had done the sensible thing and just run the 3km race and warned us of the things to come.


Below are some stats from my race:




Session Evaluation:

Swim Session: A positive session, was good to be able to do a good session while being injured, The focus on the kicking/leg side of my swimming is one area that could improve. I struggle with maintaining a constant kick throughout the swim. The session today went in improving the strength and conditioning of my legs. At the end of the session my legs were quite fatigued but I walked...stumbled away from the session happy with the outcome.

Cross Country Race: Its was ideal condir\tions for X-C running, cool, no sun and very little breeze to speak of. The focus for this race was on the first 2 km to control my pace at which I go out from the start. I set the Pace alarm on the garmin to go off when I was going faster then 4min pace. This work particularly well. Worked araound the 4:15min pace throughout the race. The hills in some parts challenged this notion. Over all I was happy with the race and found that my legs had a very good work out today. Still, there is a goal to negative split these races...still to be worked on...try and get the pace right first.

Overall Time 6km X-C : 0:26:02

No comments:

Post a Comment