Saturday, June 2, 2007

Ocean Swim Session

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 309
Days to Comera Half Ironman - 121
Program
AM: Ocean Swim - 9.00am (Squad Session)
PM: Core Control & Stretch Session

Today's Journal
Met up with Katie and Pete and road out to Suttons beach for our Ocean swim session. This was the maiden voyage for 'Fast Eddie' a name that some people have given the new bike (Trek E9). Might I say I was mightly impressed with the way in which the bike road. The only thing I will add is that I am a little 'wonky' when it come to changing the gears on the aerobars...but I soon get the hang of that. The pedal strokes and gear changes are just 'beautiful'. Anyway the session was an ocean swim...well that it was...cold...choppy and thank heavens I remembered the wet suit...because it was great at keeping that cold at bay...for a while anyway. The water was choppy and was good experience. It gave me the opportunity to confidently work in and out of the swell. A great session.

No comments:

Post a Comment