Wednesday, June 13, 2007

On the road again

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 298
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 110
Program
AM: Ride - 30 min w/u; 30 min hill circuit staying in seat in 53/17-19 @ 75-80% max hr and 20 min spin w/d
PM: Swim Session

Today's Journal
This morning the motivation was low and there was very little effort to get up and do the ride. There are a number of issues influencing the motivation; work, its cold and dark in the mornings. I am looking forward to the holidays to be able to relax a little and get into a bit of fair dinkum training.

I decide that this can no longer continue and made the effort to go to the pool. I am really enjoying my swimming at the moment and see an improvement across the board. The session tonight focused on a number of things; hypoxic work and upper body/arm strength drills. The hypoxic work was tough particularly the 7 stroke breaths but there are always benefits to drills like this.

I find that turning up to a squad session always improves the motivation and have found that true for me tonight...I'm on the road again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment