Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Darn Motivation

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 284
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 96
Program
AM: Ride- group ride 5.30am. Ride there and back
PM: Run- 30 min easy followed by 5 x 50m strides and 20 min stretch

Today's Journal
Today there was no training. This morning I went to the physio again to have my right shoulder worked on, it is improving slightly. I have come to the conclusion that this shoulder maybe something that requires ongoing treatment and it maybe something I just have to live with...but we will see. I have another appointment on Monday.

Spent a bit of time working on, and carrying out some maintenance on my bikes. Kitted up both bikes with spares and bought another pump for the race bike (with CO2 cartridge attachment) I decided I have to do something about this motivation problem and sat down for the rest of the afternoon and watched the 2007 Australian Ironman highlights and a couple of DVD's Mark had lent me. I have to say that they did the job.

With someone in the family competing at a National level for the first time, I have found that I am being caught up in the emotion of this experience and that it is affecting my training. I believe that it is important to be supporting Karen in her preparations for this 'big event' (week of competitions). Hopefully that when this event is over things will go back to a relative normal level of stress and saneness. However, it has been good in one way, in that we both gain a good understanding of what it means to prepare for and compete in a 'big' event.

No comments:

Post a Comment