Saturday, June 16, 2007

Super Saturday

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 295
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 107


Program
AM: Swim - group session Suttons Beach Redcliffe 9.00am ride there and back
PM: Cross country race 4km ride there and back

Today's Journal
Started off the day a little later than usual...only 7.30am. The morning was a little chilly rugged up with undershirt, leg and arm warmers and set off. On the Gaint today.


The ride out:

I arrived first at Suttons Beach to find that so far there were no takers, after a while Mark turned up and then a few other joined me for the 'fun'. The water was flat and calm, a big change from last time; however, thank God for wet suites, without them we would of froze. To be truely honest, once you began swimming the water wasn't too bad, it was when you stopped that it got a little chilly. I was really happy with this session it was approximately a 2km session. I seem to swim a lot better in the open water then I do in the pool.

The ride home:

The PM session was another Cross Country race that QLD Athletics were holding. Today's race was 4km. This was Race 2 of the 'Challenge Series' between Pete and me. After today it was 1 a piece. Again I began the race way too fast, probably got caught up too much in the hype of the start, I really need to still work on maintaining a consistent pace over the complete distance. Looking at the split times below it may be realistic for a 4km race to aim at a 3:45min/k race pace.

4km X-C Race - 16min19sec

No comments:

Post a Comment