Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's just one thing after ANOTHER!

AM: Run: 60-75 mins @ under 155hr and 4 x 60m strides to finish and 15 mins stretch
PM: Swim Squad

The intention of the night before was to go for the run and I was organised and ready to go with all my gear out so I just had to basically jump into my gear and shoes...well...yep....it didn't happen. No excuse...just didn't happen.

Over the past 10 days I have been struggling with a bit of a sore chest around the base of the ribs. Today I finally did something I probably should have done last week...go to the Doctor!!

Up to this point it had been quite painful, especially when I cough or sneeze.

The outcome of the doctor was either a small fracture of the rib or a small tear of the cartilage, either way the Doctor thinks 2 months before it is better...and that's without training. Hmmmm......

With that knowledge it was off to training. Swimming...thought it would be too bad as I went swimming on Saturday and didn't have much of an issue...but on Saturday I didn't have a Medley set to do....I think the Butterfly and breaststroke with fins aggravated it and by the end of the session it was quite painful.

Finding this a little frustrating....It's just one thing after another and I just want to get a good run at the training for a while....this on and off training is just not making me a happy camper...tonight just broke the camel's back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment