Saturday, September 6, 2008

Would you like a Wetsuit with that........

This mornings session was a straight swim for most of the squad...but for me it was a different story....a 'special case'

It was a ride out to Redcliffe do the swim and then a ride home. The stats are as follows:



Total Swim for the session = 2.0km approx.

Total Cycling for the session = 71.72km

Session Reflections:

  • Good solid ride out there. Throughout this ride I pushed myself working to the 140bpm top limiter.
  • The inclines I used as a strength interval, using the large chain ring at the front.
  • The swim aspect of the session was relatively ok...probably not my best. Tired in the arms, really struggled to get them moving effectively. In saying all that I did probably focus more on trying to ensuring I had a continuous 'flutter' kick throughout the swim legs. This is opposed to the method of kicking I have been utilising up to the point where I only kick when my face is under the water...and then they are big pounding kicks!....Somthing to work on further...but it felt OK!
  • The ride home....a challenge to say the least. The winds had picked up quite considerably and I had a head wind or cross wind for at least 75% of the trip home. I used this as some further strength training....

Overall not a bad workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment