Sunday, September 28, 2008

A 'bad back' Cycle session

The day after aggravating my back! Walking round like an old man! There were moment on Saturday night where I thought that I should just not ride and give my back a rest but I think I finally found my will to train...the MoJo has returned. With that I 'sucked it up' and prepared myself for the ride...and its been a while since I had a ride in Group 1.

Rode into the Chalk Hotel:

The focus of the ride this morning was to average above 30km/h for the whole ride. Great what a ride to make a return to group 1. But I got my mind around the concept and pushed forward.

The stats of the ride are below:


The ride home was a very leisurely spin home:
Session Reflections:

  • The ride was a tough ride but one that I needed to indicate my deficencies with my cycling at the moment.
  • The short hill with some 'run up' to them were not a problem, but the longer hill where you cannot use the momentum of a previous hill or where that momentun runs out is where I am really struggling at the moment...lacking that power/strength in my legs to keep the pace up the hills.
  • As Mark correctly points out it is most likely related to missing a number of ride inside session, hence, that now becomes a priority!
  • The temps were increasing...I had 34degrees on my bike computer riding home...warming up alright!
  • Once we got back to the Chalk and I got off my bike....the back really stiffened up...wow...still needed to ride home....
  • It was a very easy spin home...was a satisfying session overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment