Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Training.....

Ok...this is the first time I think I have ever done this, but before I went to bed...I forgot to set the alarm therefore I failed to get up in time to ride to the Ride Inside session this morning. Honestly...I was not a happy camper...was looking forward to the session...sooo annoyed with myself...well...I just built a bridge and got over it!


Friday afternoons session was :
Core strength: 5 clap push ups; 20 sec prone hold on one leg; 20 sec squat hold on one leg x 15 then 30 min run @ under 150hr
I added a 10min stretch to this as well.


The stats of the session:
75 Clap Push ups
5 min of One legged prone holds
5 min of One legged squats




Session Reflections:
  • Do you KNOW how challenging clap push up are! But felt all the better after I had completed them.
  • This is actually the first time I had completed a full session of these modified core strength exercises and they are tough but I believe they will do me a world of good.
  • The run was good...a little more challenging after the core work but that's life. Build a bridge and get over it.
  • The heart rate was a little more elevated than the last 30min run on Wednesday but this could be due to the fact that the core exercise may have pushed the starting heart rate up at the start of the run.
  • One of the other things I have been experimenting with is ways of lowering the HR throughout the run. They include: increasing my leg cadence (not sure if this works or increases the HR as your are working the legs more therfore the heart has to pump a little more blood around the body...still in the experimental stage of this); consistent breathing particularly a focus on exhaling (I do find this works); relaxing the hands, not clinching the hands/fist (another one I find works); the power of positive talk, continually saying 'low HR' (this does work!); smile/enjoy the run (a good strategy! which works...links in with the last one)
  • Run comparison is shown below:

No comments:

Post a Comment