Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday's Dissapointments....Arrrgh!!

This morning was the transitions with the squad. Firstly it was a ride out to Suttons.


This was the first transitions that I have done for the season and was very much looking forward to it. What made it even more promising was the 'trash talk' that went on for the days leading up the what is now called the 'Transitions Challenge'.



The Stats for the day were:



Session Reflections:

  • The practicing of flying mounts were ....hmmm...what you would say were quite humorous...and not I think for my point of view that healthy. But hey you have to have a go! Flying mounts....IM hmmm...really not worth the trouble!
  • I think this didn't help the issues that were about to haunt me.
  • Great day for it...the numbers supporting the session were fantastic!
  • The water had certainly warmed up from previous session down at Suttons...not wetsuits today.
  • I felt that I was a lot more confident with my swimming without the wetsuit this season and was really happy with that. Body position was good and legs were working a little more than previous sessions.
  • The bike as solid felt GREAT! Love the sound of those race wheels.
  • From this point on the wheel feel off! I really struggled with the run.
  • I injured my back lifting some plasterboard the day before...just strained it a little.
  • But I think the jolting of the flying mounts and landing a little off centered didn't help the cause and so the pounding of the feet on the ground was very painful on the run.
  • Some parts of the run I just had to walk it was that painful.
  • Consquently I only completed only 2 of the 3 transition legs.

Great breakfast then rode home.

No comments:

Post a Comment