Monday, May 21, 2007

It's Official...4th place - Glasshouse Trail Series (11km)

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 322
Program
AM: Core control - prone hold (4 x 30 sec), 10 x 5 push ups
PM: Swim Session

Today's Journal
Missed out on completing the Core control session this morning. I was struggling to recover from a big weekend of training and racing...maybe too big.

Anyway, the results from yesterday's Glasshouse trail runs are now available (http://runtrails.org/) and how cool I ended up with 4th in the 11km race about 4 min behind 3rd and about 6min behind 1st...maybe it was such a bad run after all. This is the best result I have had for any of the trail runs I have participated over the last few years.

Straight from work to the pool for the Monday night swim session. Much of the session was focussing on skills and foundation work. Finger tip, one arm and breathing drills. I am really struggling to get my breathing right. I just feel I don't have enough air to keep me going for the 3 stroke breathing...it just doesn't seem to be getting into my lungs...thoughts/suggestions?

Swim Session Evaluation: A good challenging session, but am becoming frustrated with my breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment