Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bike/Swim Double Session

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 312

Program

AM: Bike - 30 min spin w/u in 39/16-19 followed 3 x 8 min efforts in 53/16-19 @ 80-85% max hr with 4 min spin rec and 15 min spin w/d
PM: Swim Session

Today's Journal

Session Evaluation: The session this morning was a good workout on the bike, due to time constraints I cut back the warm up to 20min and warm down to about 8 minutes. The 2 x 8min efforts were achieved exactly to program. The legs were working hard and at the end of the session they didn't seem that fatigued.

The swim session in the evening was great as well. We again did a lot of skill drills and I am finding this is paying off. I am becoming more confident with my swimming and I believe it is these drills that are the key. I have been also working on my bi-lateral breathing and tonight I felt a lot better in doing this..I am finding that if I don't breath out under the water I struggle with my breathing...I am finding this is the key... I still need to work on the waterdynamics (streamline) of my body with the left hand side breathing but I am getting there.




No comments:

Post a Comment