Saturday, May 19, 2007

A big day out!

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 324

Program
AM: Bike - 2 hours @ aerobic pace only. Cadence 90-100 in 39/16-19 through out. Focus on good technique
PM: Swim Session (Video analysis)

Today's Journal
AM session complete. Met up with PC and KR. Travelling from my place to our meeting point I rode rougly 30min and about the similar time after leaving them to come home, by the end of all that I had done a 3hr ride.


Session Evaluation: A good aerobic session, with the cadence in the 90 to 100 range and much of the time in 39/16-19. Afterwards had the usual post Saturday morning ride breakfast. Legs are feeling a little on the tired side and overall a little sore. Looking forward to the swim session this afternoon.

PM Session: Swim Session (Video Analysis)

An hour and a half swim session with some video analysis. A tough session and struggled throughout the session. I have a number of reasons why this might be the case:

  1. Its been a big week (Welcome back week) and that was just in swimming. 3 swim session this week 3 1/2 hours in total. Shoulders are starting to feel the pinch. The left shoulder was giving me a little bit of grief today.
  2. Had a 3 hour bike session this morning...legs a little weiry.
  3. The body isn't use to swimming at this time of day.
  4. Got to start eating a little better...need those vegies.

The outcome of the video analysis was as follows (this was with me bi-laterally breathing):

  • When I get a little tired/lazy the arms come out of the water a little short.
  • Loose a little bit of 'streamlining' when I am breathing...particularly on the left side...the side I am not use to breathing on.
  • Head needs to be further down in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment