Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Back in the Pool!!

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 334

Today's Journal
I decided it was now or never and went to one of BTS' swim sessions at Centenary Pool. Driving there I was thinking how much this was going to be like when I first got back into the pool 20 months ago and was dreading the session, particularly in a 50m pool.

Arrived and got straight into it. 2 x 200m warm up. Then a drill set (one arms, fists and finger tips). Following this was a number of 4 x 50 (fast and with the company of others to swim next to) this lead into some torpedo work and then finally a 150m warm down.

The verdict....felt as though I'd never had 45 days out of the pool; however, in saying that the cramps were a little more noticeable than 45 days ago...and... a bit of a sore side...but other than that it was a raging sucess. I found the 50m pool fantastic...not as many opportunities to seek a breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment