Monday, March 31, 2008

Relax.....and enjoy....

Well folks it has been just over 12 months since I got this dream to have a go at an Ironman triathlon. Now after 12 months and a solid 12 week lead up training regime I now have the startline in sight. It is now only a few days until I depart for Port Macquarie to compete in my first Australian Ironman Triathlon. For those who are a little unsure of what is involved, it is a 3.8km swim, 180km cycle and then to finish it off a 42.2km run. My goal is to finish the race and if I can get round the 11 hours mark I will be even happier.

For those people who are interested in having a look at how I am travelling throughout the day you can watch a live telecast over the web. The website you need to go to is www.ironmanlive.com .
I also believe you can track (live) an athlete on the same website. This is where the times for each leg/sector I complete of the course are published to the web. My race number for the race is 1069. You will be able to use this to track me.

The start of the race is at 6.30am (daylight saving finishes on the 6th, so this is Brisbane time as well). If you would like to know any more details about the race then you can go to www.ironmanoz.com

I am very much looking forward to the challenge and now starting to get a little nervious.

No comments:

Post a Comment