Sunday, March 30, 2008

I can see the light at the end of the Tunnel

Its 7 days to go and I thought I'd share some thoughts:
  • Since the tapering began about 2 weeks ago I have struggled with the eroding of my secure training regime. It has been somewhat of a security blanket for me. Now that it has begun to disppear, there are thoughts of how am I going to cope/complete thi IM without my normal training regime. I have been reassured that this is a common thing that some triathletes go through when tapering for IM. I have said to myself that I have done the training and physically I am prepared. The taper is important to freshen up the physical side.
  • I have been my organised self once again and have put together my 11 page planning document for the day. Whilst it sounds a bit over the top, I think that is important as I have spent so much time, effort and money preparing myself for this day it needs to be planned, particularly the hydration and nutrition.

Stay tuned....more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment