Monday, March 3, 2008

The beggining of 2 hard weeks...BRING IT ON!!!






























































































Tim's Daily Training Notes

AM Session

PM Session

Next Race:

OZ Ironman

Rest

Swim: 800 pull w/u; 15 x 60 sec vertical kick 30 sec rec;
5 x 100 1.45;5 x 100 pull on 1.45; 5 x 100 pull and paddles on 1.45 200
choice w/d

6-4-08



Days to Ironman:

34



Daily Observations




Weight:

81.0kg

Sleep:

7.0hrs

Mood:

Great

Heart Rate:

N/a

Mileage


Swim

Bike

Run

Daily:

2.5km

0km

0km

Week to Date:

0km

0km

0km

Month to Date:

0km

152.65km

24km






Today's Journal

This evening I had a swim session to complete. This was after a particularly long day where I don't think I sat down for more than 5min at any one time. Except fot the staff meeting where even there didn't sit down for long. The motivation to complete the swim was lacking....but it is about the goal and focus..focus...focus....

Once I was in and going I the motivation improved and I was enjoying the challege set for this session. The 800m warm up went without a hitch....about 14min for the warmup. Then the vertical running....geee I hate that...but it was done...lots of talking to myself and encouraging myself. The legs were still a bit 'tender' from Sunday's brick session. Hey...but thats what training for Ironman is all about.

Then into the main set....the 1st 5 x 100 without and aides...I was able to maintain about 1:40min for the 100. Then the 2nd 5 x 100m was with the pool buoy, again I was on about 1:42/3min for the 100's. Then the 3rd 5 x 100 was with pull and paddles....its was just a continuous 500m swim.

Session Reflection:

  • I'm thriving on all this training.....I hope there is a cure!
  • This was the first time I had swum since last week...the arm felt a little heavy...but eventually they got going....this was about the 600m mark of the warm up.
  • During the 3rd set of 100's the arm began to fatigue.
  • At the completion of the session was happily satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment