Saturday, March 8, 2008

Long Ride #6































































































































































Tim's Daily Training Notes

AM Session

PM Session

Next Race:

OZ Ironman

Ride: 6hrs in 53/18-23 @ 90+cadence & under 145hr. Do 3 x 30 min @ 145-155hr @ 90 mins, 3hrs and 4.5hrs with 90+ cadence and 30 min run off bike

Swim: BGGS pool 12 pm recovery session

6-4-08



Days to Ironman:

29



Daily Observations




Weight:

81.0kg

Sleep:

7.5hrs

Mood:

Just tired ........... but Good

Heart Rate:

N/a

Mileage


Swim

Bike

Run

Daily:

1.5km

165.0km

5.8km

Week to Date:

9.0km

226.89km

48.67km

Month to Date:

9.0km

379.54km

72.67km


Today's Journal

Yep....you guessed it.....Long Ride day....seriously....I do enjoy these rides. What a test of mental and physical stamina. I LOVE a challenge and I am confronted with one everytime I do another long ride....mind you they are getting easier...much easier.

As to quote a line from 'A' famous 'Team'....'I love it when a plan comes together'.

Anyway enough of the crapping on....these are the stats for the day:

I seem to be getting up earlier and earlier.....geee am I keen or what....

If you know your geography of Brisbane you can work out where I ride for 6 hours....it does clear you head...the morning are fabulous for getting out and riding...the crisp breeze flowing through your helmet....


Finished the ride and then setoff on a 30min run off the bike....wow...an added attraction to the session today!!!

Reflection on the morning 'Brick' I suppose you could call it.....

  • Nutrition and hydration worked well...the vegimite sandwiches work delicious.
  • I worked to the following nutritional plan for the session.
  • At the 2nd and 4th hour I was going to have a Vegemite sandwich.
  • 1st, 3rd and 5th hour was to eat half a powerbar.
  • Every other 30min slot was to take a Hammergel.
  • The legs again were very cooperative. (on the ride at least)
  • Coming home from Narangba...head wind all the way....great conditioning session...who knows what the conditions are going to be like on race day.
  • The run off the bike was.......interesting...my legs just wanted to keep going....4.40 to 4.50pace.....slow down buddy.....you have just cycled 165km.....it can mean only one thing....the training is paying off....there is a moment of staisfaction.....nice!!!

PM Session: Recovery Pool session

This has been the best thing for my recovery after the long ride.

A combination of high knees, shuffle running, one legged high knees etc. works a wonder....would recommend this to anyone for a recovery...I do have a routine I work to that includes the above mentioned techniques.

A successful days training......9 out of 10!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment