Monday, March 10, 2008

28 Days Out......

These are my thoughts:
  • I have been really happy with the training to date. Things have been progressing well and I have been working very tightly to the program. In fact to a point that if you want something done....it needs to be listed on the program....a little OCD really.....(I know there will be some that agree)
  • The swimming has improved out of sight and I will still admit it is the leg I least enjoy. However I have become to enjoy the challenges of ocean swimming. The goal for the swim at Port is about 60min and I believe this is very achievable the way I am currently swimming. The legs have been really tired of late and I have really struggled to effectively use them in many of the session and have used the pool buoy to assist in many of the sessions.
  • The cycling has continued to improve. The confidence and efficiency are 2 areas where I think has shown particular improvement. My aerobic capacity on the long rides has been one other area which I am really pleased with. I have been able to get into a rhythm and comfortable sit on 30Km/h plus for extended period of time throughout the 6hour rides. I am still getting a little pain in my left shoulder about the 1hr 30min to 2hr mark which then seems to disappear within the next 30min....or I just mentally shut it out....which is what I tend to think happens.
  • The run is where I had a bit of concern.......that is until now. For the last couple of weeks I have been able to comfortably complete 2hr plus runs with great pace and rhythm. The nutrition and hydration have been fabulous on these runs. The use of the 4 bottle fuel belt has worked well. However, I have been using it with running short and a tri singlet and haven't really tested it with a tri suit. Shoes have been good. However, the feet have been very sore by the end of the run. I am wondering if it is the socks I am wearing. Something I need to investigate further.
  • Mentally all things are good.
  • The mornings have been early...averaging about 4.30/5.00am starts each day and averaging around 6hrs sleep. I have been tired but still find the motivation to keep getting up and challenging myself with the training. Its been interesting try to balance Family, work, relaxing and training for the last 3-4 months. It is something I have successfully accomplished. It is great having such a supportive wife.
  • I am very much looking forward to the challenge of Ironman and whilst it sounds a little crazy have enjoyed the training...even though I bitch and complain at times...sorry Mark....
  • Thanks to all those who have been so supportive.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim - I just stumbled across your blog - I love all the stats - so intererting. You have a cool playlist too. What an awsome goal you are working towards - Bomoag - that struck a chord with me. Have you read the book Fitter, Faster, Smarter Stronger by Melinda Banks at all? I'll be foolowing your journey with interest!
    Andjxx

    ReplyDelete