Wednesday, March 5, 2008

OH my.....my LEGS!!














































































































































































































































Tim's Daily Training Notes

AM Session

PM Session

Next Race:

OZ Ironman

Ride: squad ride 5.30am. Ride from home and then to work.
Stay in 39/16-21 @ 90-95 cadence. Total ride should be approx 3hrs squad
strength work during @ Mt.Cootha

Run: 10-15 min jog; 6 x 6 min @ 140-150 hr with 3 min
walk rec btwn & 10-15 min w/d

6-4-08



Days to Ironman:

32



Daily Observations




Weight:

80.4kg

Sleep:

7.0hrs

Mood:

Great

Heart Rate:

N/a

Mileage


Swim

Bike

Run

Daily:

0km

61.89km

16.87km

Week to Date:

5.5km

61.89km

42.87km

Month to Date:

5.5km

214.54km

66.87km


Today's Journal



This morning was a Mt Cootha session.....all I can say is....the hills are alive with the sound of gear changes......



I rode to the Botanical gardens....the ride there is a hill challenge on its own.



The session in the main was about 1.0km reps roughly with a 750m hill climb in it. A good tough session...the legs were burning!!!



The stats for the ride were as follows:




PM SESSION: Track Type Session

Okay...by the time I had even started this session my legs were feeling the pinch....in a way that I have never experienced before.....

Then the run session....15min warm up...(about 3km) then the main set....6 x 6min intervals with 3min walk recovery in between (keeping the heart rate between 140/150bpm) Wellllll..........

Session Reflection:

  • Struggled to keep the HR between 140-150.....
  • Pace was probably a little too quick...but I felt sooo good and the rthymn was there...I was in the groove!!
  • I felt GREAT!

After the session and I had time to relax a little....wel...my legs....even after a heap of stretching...oh my leg....what have I done....ah...thats right it for a great cause...remember Sunday the 6th......

No comments:

Post a Comment