Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Session...2wks out from GCHIM

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 204
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 15

Today's Journal
Its been a while since I was blogging...bit slack really...but we are going to give it another go.

This morning on program I had a 4hr ride mainly on flat terrain.

This morning was a loan ride with just me, myself and I. Left base about 5.00am and headed out on the normal 4hr course. The conditions were good across the 105km that was covered this morning, very little breeze to speak of. Things are definately warming up with Spring upon us. I covered the 105km in approximately 3hrs 46min. This time for the same course is a 15min improvement on 3 other times I have ridden the course (it did help that I only had to stop at about 6-7 traffic lights over the distance) Throughout the ride the heart rate was within the 65 - 70% range.

I did struggle with my left shoulder from about the 1hr 45min mark. It was particularly sore in the region where I had some work done by the masseuse last night. The legs were fine and aerobically there wasn't a problem.

There were a number of 'experiments' I went out on the ride with to see how well they would work.

1. Added a bit of motivational music to the mix. Only had it in one ear and didn't have it that loud. I found it a great help particularly in the 2nd part of the ride. Gave me the added enthusiasm to get up those hills or pedal against the wind.

2. Took out another flavoured Powerbar out with me to see how the stomach would handle it. This time it was a cookie and cream and worked quite well. There were no ill effects.

The PM session was a swim at the pool. The attitude and effort at today's session was well below what it is usually. The legs were feeling quite fatigued and the mind just wasn't on the job today.

No comments:

Post a Comment