Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Double Wednesday

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 200
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 11


Today's Journal
This morning I was on the bike early heading into West End for the Squad ride with Byron and Mark. The session was focusing on power. The goal was to work at a high cadence and maintain that up a hill on the course. The first 2 repeats were tough, the second 2 were better as I think the legs became a little more conditioned for the session and the expectations of the activity.

With the ride in and then back home the session was 2hrs 30min covering a total of 70km.

The PM session was at the pool. This evening main set was a 1km time trial. The warm up consisted of 500m easy and some drills. Throughout the warm up I had a little niggle in the right hammy but a little stretching assisted this a little. The 1km TT began....the metal battle started strainght up....in this TT I resisted the temptation to go out too hard, trying to maintain a constant pace throughout the full distance. Throughout the TT I was focussing on my stroke form...high elbows and pull through the water (particularly at entry). I have begun to work on developing a specific racing rythym with my kick. I have been only kicking every second 3 strokes....thinking of conserving my legs a little in the swim....this is still in the experimental stage...I am finding that a lot of my power is coming from the stroke rather than the kicking.....

The time for the 1km TT was 16min 49sec. I felt fine at the end and probably could of improved this a little. It was diffult to get into a rythm at times with the turn at each end. But as a whole I was happy with this time...the swimming is improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment