Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Saturday Double!

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 197
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 8

Today's Journal

The session this morning was to be a 3hr ride at a cadence of 90-95. The BTS squad ride was only 2hrs. With all that I went out at 5.00am to do 1 hour ride before meeting up with the squad. It was great to have Joel along to join us for the squad ride, I found it great to have him to push me along. The ride was a great tester, particularly on the way home as we 'team TT' the way home. There were 3 people in each team. The distance we covered was approx 18km we were sitting on around 38km/h. The workout was great, a good hit out before the GCHIM next weekend.

In considering the stats above I was impressed to see that I travelled approx 90km in 3hrs. This is of course the distance of the ride next weekend. Looking at this a further if all things go well I should be able to do the distance at Coomera well under 3hours. The ride this morning was on roads open to traffic and stopping at traffic lights etc. But of course it is important to consider that at times we were drafting off each other. But...it does look promising!

The PM session was at the pool. The session started off with a warm up (which included a game of water polo) then we got into a bit of kicking. This is something that could do with some improving. I struggle to get any real power from my kicking. Other than that it was the normal Saturday session. A good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment