Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday's Training Reflections

Running it should be quicker than a walk.

But a sprint is quicker than a run.

Mental toughness will take you from a walk to a jog, then on to a run and finally on to a sprint.

Drills are a the basis for a runner to become a better more efficient runner.
The run this morning was a new start and I can't expect miracles but always can help them to happen over time.

Swimming, the art of moving through a liquid substance, without drowning.
Tonight was certainly a challenge for me, it has been roughly 1 week before the water and I met and it sure was noticeable. When I was pre-ironman I felt like a dolphin, smoothly, cutting through the water but at this stage 16 weeks after IM without much training behind me lately, at times I didn't feel sleek and smooth at all, rather like a log through the water. But after a while the log will loose its bark and become smooth moving more efficiently through the water.

800m TT Result (Swim) - 14min 06sec

No comments:

Post a Comment