Monday, August 3, 2009

A Disgrace!!

As a child you grow up learning what is good for you and what's not. As an adult we build on these lessons to get us through life and to achieve our goals and bring success to things that challenge us.
However, it seems that I have lost sight of some of the lessons I have learn over the past 2 season of training to be an Ironman Triathlete. Whether it be from pure ignorance or a lack of discipline, it seems I have got myself back to 'square one' and again it will take sometime to get back to level of fitness I will be happy with.
However, this time I have procrastinated far too long to get back on the 'wagon' and I fear that the goal of 4h 30min for Gold Coast HIM is not out of my reach.
Or.....I can 'pull my finger out' and work hard for the next 9/8 weeks and give it my best shot. This is the course of action that I will pursue.

As you might have guess, there may have been a trigger to ponder such things, well that's exactly right...it was a disgraceful effort at core strength tonight. Again, it's not worth discussing ANY further.
I am challenging myself with 20push ups and 20 crunches each day for the next 20weeks to beat the core strength hoodoo! (Thanks Renee for that challenge)

No comments:

Post a Comment