Saturday, August 1, 2009

August 1....a new beginning.....again!

Today is August 1, 2009.
The facts:
  • 2 weeks to Yeppoon HIM
  • 9 weeks to Gold Coast HIM
  • 13 weeks to Port HIM/Noosa
  • 19 weeks to Canberra HIM
  • 31 weeks to IM New Zealand
  • 34 weeks to IM Australia
Time to take stock, this is where I'm at...... The foot is very slow at doing anything, it is frustrating and is causing me to have some 'mental' heart arch over it. This injury is can be one that doesn't go away is a breath, and it appears that this is my case. However, with a number of visits to the Podiatrist and having been sized up for some orthotics, this may begin to improve once I begin to wear these....we will just have to see. This sort of thing just has put a 'mental thorn' in my side and deflated my motivation quite considerably. But it hasn't just been the injury that has been preventing me from having a serious approach to my training.....work is also been very draining at the moment and after working some big hours over the past 2 weeks sometimes I just didn't have the motivation or will to go to training. (you don't get much benefit if the mind isn't right).
Of course without much training and little discipline with the diet, I am now carrying a small child around my waist. In fact to be brutally honest, this morning I dared to get on the scales and yep...I have hit the 90kg mark exactly. Not happy and very disappointed
with myself. It time to get it back down, I have a lot a work ahead of me.
I find that when I am pre-occupied with a certain parts of your life other things begin to suffer.

The strategy to get myself out of this rut begins like this:
  • Put together a weekly eating plan and stick to it.
  • Try and get organised on weekend and prepare meals which can be frozen for during the week. If any one has some good recipes then please let me know.
  • Have a greater commitment to my training program
  • Go back to having regular massage
  • Become 'one' with my training......hmmmmmmm
This morning was the start of a greater commitment to the training I was was up and going at 5.30am and scaling Mt Cootha with the squad at 6.30am. This morning I had the coaching reins of group 1 and we completed 17km in about 1hr 50m (run time)How did I go? Well it was a real struggle and in my head I knew it would be but I needed to start somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Getting out there is half the battle. Well done (and from looking at the map, that was NOT an easy run

    ReplyDelete