Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday - AM Session

This morning is a rest session and it is very nice to not be out on the bike.

The bike week was very rewarding and it was again good to become 'one' with my bike.

This week is a recovery week. Then we begin the 12weeks to Ironman. I am again really looking forward to the training and racing Ironman this year. I'm hoping that with training with the other folk doing IM in the squad I can pick up some 'bits and pieces' that will help me improve further in my training to achieve the goal of sub 10hr 50min.

This IM campaign I plan to do some things the same but want to really focus on core strength and diet. I think these are the 2 things that let me down last IM campaign. As a whole I would like to just to do things better!

The other aspect of the training which I think could do with some refinement is the mental side of things...really learning to 'mentally' overcome the pain and soreness in the legs/arms. I suppose to push through that pain to develop a higher threshold and therefore to be able to perform better.

No comments:

Post a Comment