Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday - Training

AM Session- Swim: open water swim with me at Redcliffe 9.30am 60 mins (now happening on Friday)
PM Session- Run: 30 min @ under 145hr

This morning I was meeting Sarah and Jacqui to work out a run route for the Tour. I decided that I would ride in to meet them as I believe that I need to spend a little more time in the saddle to get my cycling up to standard again.
It was quite cool this morning and again I was rugged up but was looking forward to the morning on the bike.
I spent about 2hrs on the bike this morning and travelled about 40km...it was a good morning...felt good and my cycling 'legs' were coming back.

The run in the afternoon was a 'no watch' run. I have a 30min course around my place and did this with no watch. The no watch scenario reduces one expectations for the run and helps in bring the enjoyment of running back into the running. It's a strategy I am trying to use to increase the level of motivation and drive to get back into the training.

Felt good after the run - still struggling with the left calf a bit. With ensuring that I stretch after each run I should be able to overcome this issue.

In saying that I was feeling good after the run was probably a little premature....I now am feeling a little fluey and I am not that impressed about it at all.

Will give the session a miss tomorrow morning to see if I can 'kick it in the butt' before it gets any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment