Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday Training

This morning started with coaching of the IM athletes they had a little less intense session but there was still the volume.

Warm up - 200m (every second 25m high elbow drill)

M/Set -
10 x 100m on 2min
500m pull
10 x 100m on 2min

Cooldown - 300m Pull

Then after coaching this session it was my turn with a similar set but it was only about 2km.
15 x 100m on 2min then 500m pull.

Found it really hard to get going this morning. Usually after a while I'm in the water I feel good, but not this morning the arms were heavy and the mind was wandering but I persevered and we go through the session with a little more hurt then what I would of expected from such a session.

In the afternoon it was a bit of core work:

15 x 5 pushups then 20sec prone hold then 20sec eddie the eagle then a 20min easy run
then
4 x 25 sec medicine ball rotations, 25sec raised leg crunches, 25sec side to side oblique crunches then 25sec bicycle crunches

Good session.....wow....that's 2 core session this week I'm surprising myself ;-) The mind and attitude must be improving.

Coached both squad session in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment