Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hills were alive...

This morning I was out for a 60-75min trail run.


Session Reflections:
  • Typical Brisbane weather...humid, I would have a guess of about 80-90%
  • There were a couple of goals I set for this run, the first one was not to walk and the second was to work on reducing my stride length.
  • Both goals were achieved. By the end of the session I was nearly down to a 'Cliff Young shuffle' but I achieved the goals I set. I really focussed on taking smaller strides throughout the run, particularly on the down hill sections (which there were many) to reduce the pounding of the legs into the ground and again to preseve them further in preventing any recurring injuries.
  • I worked hard up the hills throughout the session; and really felt that there was some strength returning to them legs. But I still have a bit to go.
  • On my return it was into an Ice bath for 14min.....I am really finding this recovery technique very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment