Sunday, June 21, 2009

Reflections - Week 2

The Monday, whilst it was meant to be a full recovery day, I decided to make an appearance at the core strength session in the evening, it wasn't pretty but I have to start somewhere. Core strength isn't my most favourite session but it is an area I have identified that I really need to pick up my act.

Tuesday evening I hit the water for my first 'serious' swim session in a very long while. A pleasing return but there is still work to be done. The muscular endurance and overall endurance just isn't there at the moment.

Wednesday evening involved a 47min run, the course was mainly hills and I ran about 9km. It was a struggle, just like the swimming in terms of the endurance aspect.

Thursday Core, didn't happen...oops! Thursday evening I coached the beginners swim course instead.

Friday morning coached the main squad in the pool.

Saturday morning was back at Mt Cootha running the trails. This is a apart of my training I always really enjoy, its tough but always find it a challenge and fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment