Friday, May 22, 2009

Runs for Friday

Many people finish their week with a social drink, others go out with friends to dinner and others shop, but I find that a solid 13k run does the trick.

The run was across my regular hill course, took a solid 48min. You may say that I need my head read, but I enjoy the challenge of that an inclince of the earth's surface throws up. Get you to really focus on your form and rythmn. I number of aspects I find good to focus on when running the hills includes:
  • The arms should be used as levers to assist in 'pumping' the legs. The more you 'work' the arms, you will find that the legs will work in proportion.
  • Look at turning the legs over at a slightly higher cadence, the arms will help with this.
  • Try and keep relaxed, try not to clinch the fists, keep the hands loose and relaxed.
  • Smile, keep the face relaxed. Smiling does a great job of this. I believe that this is why Chrissie Wellington does so well, she's always smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment