Saturday, February 23, 2008

Long rides are geeting longer....

Reflections of today's sessions:
  • It was an early start.....a good idea as it was going to get rather hot today.
  • I worked to the following nutritional plan for the session.
  • At the 2nd and 4th hour I was going to have a Vegemite sandwich. This is a new concept for me. The aim of the Vegemite sandwich is to increase the sodium/salt intake during the session and to have something more than gels and powerbars in my stomach. I found this work very well...I had no adverse affects with the sandwich. Looks like a promising concept to use in the race.
  • 1st, 3rd and 5th hour was to eat half a powerbar.
  • Every other 30min slot was to take a Hammergel.
  • This plan worked well, along with the hydration plan as usual. (drink every 15min)
  • Legs were playing the game...it was good...real good.
  • At 8.00am it was 32degrees
  • At 9.00am it was 36degrees
  • It was hot.
  • I was really..really satisfied with my efforts this morning.
  • The first 6hr ride and it was a success.

Swim session reflections:

  • This was primarily used as a recovery session
  • Appears to be functioning well as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment