Friday, February 1, 2008

9 weeks and 2 days out....Thoughts?

  • The training through Christmas and the New Year was tough.
  • The set up to the higher training load for the 1st 2 weeks was a shock to the system and I struggled both mentally and physically.
  • The swim session were a particular source of frustration.
  • The 3rd week was a lot better. I got through the mental challenges. This is often the biggest barrier as I know the body can handle to training load.
  • The general hydration throughout the month has been somthing that I have focussed on and believe has been a lot better.
  • However, on the other hand I am still struggling with the general nutrition side of things.
  • The long rides have started in earnest. I really enjoy these, particularly doing them on my own, I seem to just get in the 'zone' and the 5 hours just flys. Its a great way to see parts of Brisbane. I also enjoy getting up and riding in the early hours of the morning. (4.00am)
  • I am still struggling with the right knee it seems to be a little tempramental. Some days it is good others it is not so good. I actually find that if I don't train or stretch for a day it become a source of frustration. The physio and massage are assisting in managing.
  • From early this month I have imposed a NO alcohol ban for the 10weeks leading up to Ironman. My body is a temple!....well...we're getting there!
  • The support from the Squad has been fabulous...Thanks folks!
  • The coaching, support and advice from Mark has been fantastic...there's still 9 weeks to go!
  • The runs are getting longer and I am also really enjoying the ability to be able to put a pair of running shoes on...get in the zone and just run...need to work on my pacing a little more.
  • At times my heart rate became another source of frustration....just didn't want to do what it was suppose too. Most of the time it was a little too low...not a bad thing I suppose. This was particularly evident at the Ride Inside heart rate session.
  • Starting to really look forward to Ironman....bring it on.
  • Keen to do Geelong HIM...it will be a good guide as to how the training is going.
  • I am trying to strike a good balance between home, family, work and training this is talent..some people have others do...I'm learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment