Sunday, May 30, 2010

The return....was it the story of the prodical son....

The rest of the first week back was a mixed bag of emotions, physical pain and mental reflection. Now, I have to say....we don't want to rush things.....do we?

The session on Monday was great and certainly was feeling it throughout the upper body the next day. What made it even worse was the upper body session we did at the pool on the Tuesday night.
  • 12 x 50m with band
  • 16 x 50m band & pull buoy
  • 7 x 100m band, pull buoy AND paddles
I have never had my arms as 'lactated' as I did at the end of the session. I had nothing by half way through the 7 x 100m but after a cup of cement...it got done.

For the rest of the week, work was a big focus and not much was achieved on the training front.

Friday morning was a trip to the physio and I was given a 'reserved' all clear to begin some light running.

Saturday afternoon I went for that light run, it was a 30minute run all up and wasn't too bad but definitely now where near 100% I would say 50%. The knee began to become sore about 20min into the run, but after a stop and stretch it was good to go for the rest of the run.

The eating plan kicked in this week and I really tried hard to stick to the plan, but there is a real need to break some long standing existing habits to do with my eating. To make sure some of these habits are on their way to be broken I went through the pantry and fridge and removed and means of 'temptation'. Keeping a nutrition diary is something that is new for me and the way in which it make you accountable about your eating is frightening. This is hard...but I knew it wasn't going to be easy.....but the benefits are going to HUGE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment