Saturday, May 22, 2010

The UPs and downs

Since the Tour I have really been struggling with a few niggles. In fact 2 specific injuries I would say. One is my right knee and the other being a 'dull pain' between the glute and hamstring, this one is got me miffed a little; however I have a feeling it may be related to the back injury.

The priority at the moment has been to get treatment on these two injuries. I have been getting some intense physio on the 2 injury spots over the last week. The verdict has been that I have a ITB injury on the right leg and a hamstring/glute strain on the left....if it rains it pours.

The treatment plan goes something like this. There is to be no running or cycling for the week just gone and nothing for the coming week, except for a bit of swimming. There is to be plenty of stretching each day 15-20min focussing on these two areas.

Some of the stretching for these two areas include:





No comments:

Post a Comment