Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back to Back Saturday Challenge

Challenge 1
20km TT (Bike)
The first challenge for the day was to get up and complete a 20 km TT on the bike. This was good opportunity to give myself a good kick start back into the training. See if those competitive juices trigger something in my training mind. In saying that it was going to HURT! With a positive mind set I knew I could give it a good go!

It was a brisk morning at the track and the conditions were ideal. No wind!
The warm up was the ride to the track. But after cycling for a while now I have come to realise that I am better off keeping the legs turning over before such a training session.....a cold engine is slow to start! I continued round the track until we were ready to start.

The goal....not sure really....to give it a good solid attempt of getting round that PB mark of 30m50s.

One of the thing I was really conscious of was going out too hard.....which I was able to control reasonably well this time. It took a couple of laps before I got the HR up and I began to cycle in a comfortable (hurting comfortable that is) rhythm.
The new TT bike was so good...very smooth and great to handle, but I found myself at some stages particularly up the slight incline really "man handling' the bike, but I think this will get better a I become more familiar with the bike and get a better fit done.
At the halfway point I was at 15min and thought I could be on target here for a PB but then my realistic voice said to me 'it does get tougher in the second half of the TT' so be realistic here!!!
In the end I complete the TT in about 31m50sec which I was happy with and thought it was a good bench mark to begin my truncated preparation for Gold Coast HIM.



Challenge 2

6km Cross Country (Run)
In the afternoon it was off for a 6km cross country run. This was going to be tough. The legs were a little heavy from the morning but it was time to harden up.
3 x 2km laps, over a undulating course. This again was about not going out too hard, but I still believe this happened. Eventually I got into a rhythm and settled in for a run that hurt a hell of a lot but 'no pain, no gain'
There were a few little pincher's which really hurt in the second half of the race but I took them in my stride.
A good race, served it's purpose.....got me a little more motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment