Wednesday, September 30, 2009

GC HIM Pre Race Reflections

Wednesday............4 days out from the venture......Gold Coats HIM

Whilst it has not been ideal preparation leading up to the GC HIM it has been much better then the preparation for Yeppoon HIM. Throughout this training campaign, whilst short, it has been interrupted with work commitments, and a back injury but we have pushed through and now have arrived at the taper end of the race preparation.

The back injury has improved out of sight over the past 48hrs, to assist this recovery I have been back into the regular massage (this afternoon, last Wednesday and the Saturday before that) along with the massage has been 3 physio appointments over the last 10 days.

Mentally, I feel rather positive about the race, not expecting too much but hopefully a lot better then Yeppoon. I feel that my bike prep has been a 'little' better and the run prep has been fair. What I am happy with is my current swim form.

The race strategy is looking something like this:
  • Use the 30/15 nutritional/hydration strategy
  • Work with the 140/150bpm bike/run pacing
  • Don't go too hard in the the bike, even if I'm feeling good....the run will be the challenge either way....so need to just leave some 'in the tank'
  • Use compression sock throughout the ride and run.
  • Use the cola run strategy.
The race sees me embracing a new bike setup and using orthodics (in my bike shoes). It will be interesting how I find the running off the bike with the new setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment