Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday - AM Session

The Session: Run: 90-120 min @ 140-160hr after coach swim session

This is how it all panned out!

  • Run to swimming (10km) (Valley Pool)
  • Coach the squad
  • Run Home (10km)
It was a good idea.......................at the time!

Couple of points to put it into context:

  • It was quite warm at 5am and the Sun had not yet shown itself.
  • Its was about 80-90% humidity.
  • I was wearing a back pack.

Anyway.....................................................

The Stats Review:

Inbound:

Outbound:


Session Reflections:

  • Very unmotivated and sluggish at the beginning of the run. I felt like a slug with the back pack on my back
  • After 2km of running (inbound) I was wet through!
  • The humidity was unbelievable...but it was one of those challenges you just have to tough out! Which I did! Normally I don't mind running in the heat! I wonder how much the unhealthy dinner the night before and the poor hydration affected me.....HEAPS!!!
  • As the run went on things got a little better...the frame of mind improved...if I can just get the right mind set when I'm training I think I would improve even more!
  • The run inbound was predominately downhill...therefore the run outbound was predominately uphill...........really an athlete like myself shouldn't be 'crying poor' over these such of challenges...it just a matter of hardening up...building a bridge and getting over it....this is what I meant in my previous point!
  • The sun was out for the run home and it had just finished raining.....hmmmmmm nicccccce!
  • The run outbound was a challenge...I took it in my stride and used it as a valuable learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment