Friday, August 17, 2007

BTS Noosa Camp - Day 1

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 233
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 44

Today's Journal
The weekend begun at 3.30pm when I left work for the trip up to Noosa for the Squads training camp. It wasn't until I left that I began to get into the right frame of mind for the camp.

I arrived up at Noosa at about 5.00pm and made my way to the Resort that we were staying at for the weekend. On my way I saw a number of folk on their way back from the first session of the camp (which I unfortunately missed out on)....little did I know that its had been a tough run session through the Noosa National Park.

Arrived at the Resort, unpacked and settled in...well for a minute anyway. I was bunking with Darren and Dave for the weekend. Before I knew it I was off with the rest of the squad for a swim session at the Noosa Aquatic Centre. The session was not as long as our usual session but it was quite intense. The pool was 50m and it took a little getting use to after swimming in 25m pools again for a while. In fact at times it felt like I was swimming up hill!!! We completed the session...another lot of training in the bank. I am felling as though my swimming is really progressing...the bi lateral breathing is now as though I had never breathed any other way...the kick is now a little more constant...its all starting to come together.

Back to the place of rest and prepared ourselves for dinner. Out for dinner at one of the local restaurants. After about 3 goes we finally found the right restaurant!! It was great to get something decent to eat as I had no real substantial meal all day.

Back to the Resort, prepared the cycling gear for tomorrow and into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment