Sunday, August 12, 2007

Part 2 - Big Weekend of Cycling

Days to Australian Ironman 2008 - 238
Days to GC Half Ironman 2007 - 49
Program
AM: Ride/Run: squad session 6am 3-3.5hrs with tempo efforts and 30 mins run off bike
PM: Stretch Session
Personal Data
Weight: 82kg
Sleep: 7hrs
Mood: Good
Today's Journal
Today was part 2 of a big weekend of cycling. The ride was with the BTS squad. the details of the ride were as follows:
Time: 3hrs 23min
Distance: 95km
Average H/Rate: 118bpm
Throughout the ride there were a number of tempo periods. Throughout these the speed was around the 35-40km/hr. I found that my legs weren't feeling that bad after each tempo period.
From the trip back from Redcliffe we were in the big ring to fatigue the legs a little more for the run...and as if I needed that!!!
We got back to the club and got organised for the 30min run off the bike. 15min out and then the goal is to negative split the time back. The temperature was a little hotter than usual. Again I found that that I went out a little too fast...needs to be controlled a little better...something to work on!! Compared to the last time we did this run I was able to run a further 200m within the 15min time; however, running that bit further makes it a little more difficult to negative split the run home. I like this run and the challenges it poses. The stats of the run are as follows:
Distance: 7.22km
Time: 31:11
Avge H/R: 158bpm
Pace: 4:19m/km
The ride home was a slow one...trying to recover the legs as much as possible.
My legs were really fatigued when I got home and found that the stretching did help a little; however, they were feeling the cycling from the past 2 days.
Training Reflection
As a whole I am really happy with my training to date. A little disappointed that I missed a couple of key sessions this week and wasn't able to 'bank the training'; however, that's in the past and we need to move on. I am looking forward to the challenges which the camp will hold and the opportunities that it will provide to make me a better athlete. The season is fast approaching and I am very keen for it to begin...I feel with a fair bit of 'training in the bank' I am so much better prepared for this season, the training over the winter will hopefully bring some improved results as a whole. I am feeling so much more confident with both my swimming and cycling.
BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment