Monday, December 13, 2010

TimO 2011 IM Australia Campaign Has Been Launched

"What we have is based upon moment-to-moment choices of what we do.In each of those moments, we choose.We either take a risk and move toward what we want, or we play it safe and choose comfort. Most of the people, most of the time, choose comfort. In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or brilliance.They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."~ Anonymous
Sunday December 12, 2010 signified 20 weeks out from my 4th Ironman Race in as many years. It is an addiction, it is an enjoyment that is obviously, at times, indescribable, but I continue working through the goals, challenges, disappointments and results to hear 'YOU ARE AN IRONMAN'! Only one who completes in an Ironman Triathlon can truly appreciate and understand what a simple phrase does to motivate a human being.


As like other IM campaigns I will be blogging my way through the journey of the challenge of completing my 4th Ironman. This campaign is not much different to any of the past 3 (or at least the 1st and 2nd) In 2011, I am going back to where it all began....Port Macquarie!

The results to date look like this:
IM No.1 - 2008 (Port Macquarie):
Swim - 01:07:25
Bike - 05:48:11   
Run - 04:14:40
Total - 11:22:46

IM No.2 - 2009 (Port Macquarie):  

Swim - 01:03:05

Bike - 05:37:24
Run - 04:02:56
Total - 10:50:54

IM No.3 - 2010 (New Zealand - Taupo):

Swim - 01:01:16
Bike - 05:55:10
Run - 04:25:16
Total - 11:34:17


The campaign starts NOW!
This week is a recovery week as I competed at the Canberra HIM on the weekend. I have identified this week as a organisational and planning week for the 2011 IM Campaign. It firstly started on Monday putting together an overview of my 'maintenance' program for the 20 weeks which included booking appointments for massages, sports nutritionist and physio. All these are an important part of achieving my goals for this IM campaign.


What are the goals???.......
(I am one who believes that there needs to be a goal that is a challenge to initially achieve but ultimately with commitment, dedication and hard work can be reached.)

  • To qualify for Kona in my new age group (40-44)
  • To work towards getting as close to the qualifying time as possible in 2011
  • To go between 10h00m & 10h30m
  • Go under 1hr for the swim
  • Go under 5h30m for the bike
  • Go under 4h50m for the run
  • Throughout the 19week campaign have between a 97-99% session completion rate.
  • Race at under 80kg

To achieve these goals I have put together 5 TimO Commandments:
  • Thou shall not give excuses (work, diet etc.)
  • Thou shall not procrastinate
  • Thou shall be a leader in training
  • Thou shall be accountable to my peers
  • Thou shall put a great importance on completing 2 core sessions a week.
 When it comes to IM there is a different attitude that overcomes me....there is focus, there is commitment and there is a belief in myself that I can achieve these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment