Sunday, December 19, 2010

ALL or Nothing for the next 19 weeks.

Life, to me, is a series of false limits and my challenge as an athlete is to explore those limits."—Lance Armstrong

Today signifies 19 weeks from IM Australia
Tomorrow is where the rubber hits the road.
There is no longer room for excuses or procrastination..............it is time to embrace the force! The IM force...the emotions and motivation that comes with racing at an Ironman. Even if it is the 4th time..........There is an Island in Hawaii that further fuels this motivation...to explore ones limits and potential.

Tomorrow the commitment begins......the 5 commandments become the basis of the next 19 weeks....a set of rules and guidelines that will push me towards achieving my goals.

There is a strong sense of accountability surrounding this campaign. Some may thing it is not something that holds strong but it is a theory that I am happy to put my faith in to assist me in achieving the goals that I have put out there. My commitment to training and my goals will have a strong accountability to a number of people, which will include Coach, my Wife-Karen (who is working in partnership with Coach), my training buddies and my peers.....all who I am hoping will keep me 'honest' throughout this campaign.  Karen has been charged with the task of developing some penalties and rewards to keep me accountable. At this stage the KPI's will definitely be achieved....some of these penalties are not things I am liking!!! (Stay tuned...it's going to be interesting)

The main KPI's are based around the 5 commandments:
  • 97-99% completion rate of training sessions
  • No more excuse (eating and training right etc.)
  • No procrastination with trainings etc.
  • I am to be a leader in training
  • Complete 2 core sessions a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment