Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thursday AM Session

Swim session this morning:
  • 10 x 50 (25 Breastroke/25 Free)
  • 500m breathing every 3
  • 10 x 50 (25 One arm/25 Free)
  • 500m breathing every 4
  • 1000m pull buoy
TOTAL= 3km

Session Reflections:
  • I was a little unsure how I would go this morning as I was really feeling it after last nights swim session, but really at this stage and my situation with 64 days until IM...tough...just need to get in and suck it up.
  • I really enjoy these longer sets and I was luck enough to be able to do them in a 50m pool which enabled a good rhythm to be developed.
  • The first 500m I did on 8m55s and the second was on 8m57s so it was a very consistent pace. I was happy with this particularly after the second 500m was done after a 500m one arm set....not a particular favourite but I'm warming to it.
  • The warm down (hmmm...anyway) was 1000m pull......looked like this in terms of time 1st 500m 8m46s and the second was 8m52s with a total time of 17m39s. Not too bad, quicker than the 500's without the pull buoy.....now the pull is a personal favorite and it does best reflect the situation of swimming in a wet suit.
  • Overall the session went off without any major arguments with my arch enemy.....there was a discusssion but no major argument.
  • The arms are a little fatigued....feel like there are going to drop off actually....but what doesn't kill you is good for you...well in IM training it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment